Neville Morcombe QC practises in all areas of civil and commercial litigation and administrative law, and has extensive experience in banking, insurance, disciplinary matters, and coronial inquests and boards of inquiry.
He also accepts briefs to act as a mediator and arbitrator. In the latter respect, he has been graded Level 1 by IAMA.
Neville was admitted as a barrister and solicitor in the Supreme Court of South Australia in 1971, and was appointed Queens Counsel in 1991.
Notable matters and appointments include:
- Acting for a major Australian bank in a number of actions in relation to complex debt recoveries.
- Colonel, Australian Army Legal Corps.
- Counsel Assisting in three Military Inquiries, one in the USA, one in Malaysia, and one in Queensland.
- Defence Force Magistrate and Judge Advocate from 1989 to 2007.
- Member of the Legal Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal (SA) from 1995 to 2010, the last six years as Presiding Member.
- President of the Law Society of South Australia from 1991 to 1992.
Neville is a member of the South Australian Bar Association, the Law Society of South Australia, and JusticeNet (SA).